The Professional Herbalist Certificate Course incorporates practical, clinical applications and herbal preparations for Western, Chinese and Ayurvedic herbs. The focus of this course is herbal therapeutics for each body system, specific healing properties of over two hundred individual herbs and basic principles of herbalism from these three major traditional herbal healing systems.
The focus of the first year is on gaining knowledge about the different herbs, their use and the traditions they come from. The nine-month training program is offered in a series of three modules: Module 1 – Fall Quarter, Module 2 – Winter Quarter, and Module 3 – Spring Quarter. Modules are not sequential and can be taken in any order.
The Spring term will cover:
- Study of specific herbal properties
- Western herbal energetics
- Preparations and plant chemistry
- Skin and topical therapies
- Chinese and Ayurvedic herbalism
- Reproductive, Musculoskeletal, Immune and Endocrine systems
- Herbalism for Young and Elderly
- Integrative Healing: Diet, Cleansing, Herbal Hydrotherapy
After taking this course, you will have a greater understanding, and knowledge of herbalism, and the confidence to help people create health in their lives.
Starts March 31, 2021
March 31, April 7, 14, 21, 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9,
- Class every Thursday, 2 to 4:45 PM Pacific (5 to 7:45 PM, Eastern)
While students are encouraged to attend all live lectures, recordings of each session are available for students who cannot attend the lectures during the scheduled time.