We are pleased to offer you a nutrition program based on holistic health principles — the Nutritional Therapy program – online! With this program, you won’t have to settle for a conventional nutritional program.
The Nutritional Therapy program is for individuals with an avid interest in combining science and tradition (biochemistry and nutrition) and natural, drug-free medicine.
If you would like to learn about a variety of nutritional topics including:
- the foundations of digestion
- blood sugar, mineral and fatty acid balance
- hydration function and best practices
- how weaknesses in these foundations lead to degenerative health problems
- how restoring balance improves overall health and how to do that
Then this program is for you!
Winter Term consists of the following topics:
- January – Pathophysiology of Metabolism and Immune System
- February – Ayurveda Food Therapy and Herbal Studies
- March – Food Therapy in Health & Disease
Classes are designed so that participants can enter this series of study any term.
The course series is taught over four terms and includes the following topics:
- Assessment Techniques
- Physical health and fitness
- Biochemical and pathophysiology of foods
- Ayurvedics and traditional Chinese medicine/herbology
- Business practice and ethics
- Nutritional research and resources
- Nutritional counseling
- Buying, cooking, and storing food
The Nutritional Therapy Program is approved by the National Association of Nutritional Professionals. Students who successfully complete the Nutritional Therapy program will meet the educational standards required for application to sit for the board exam in holistic nutrition.
Starts Winter 2023
- Series Dates: Jan 10, 17, 24, 31, Feb 7, 14, 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21 and 28
Times: 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM, Pacific Time, 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Eastern Time
- A recording is available within 24 hours of the class.
- This class is in four modules – Price is per module – Complete course is 4 modules $3600 or $900 per module.
- Taught by K.P. Khalsa and Faculty.
Are there any credentials I can apply this toward?
The Nutritional Therapy course is designed to meet the needs of those working toward applying to the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) for the Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® credential. The topics and class hours are designed to be consistent with the educational standards of the NANP. The Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® credential requires clinical experience (internship), so the certified student needs to attend a clinical training program for a period of time before applying for the Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® credential.
The Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® credential is granted upon successful completion of the one-year program, application to the NANP for professional membership, and passing the Board Exam in Holistic Nutrition.
Students receive a Nutritional Therapist Award of Proficiency upon completion of all four course terms, and will have accumulated the academic knowledge required toward applying for the NANP board certification examination. Each academic term is three months in length. We recommend you learn more about the process of becoming Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition®
Is it right for you?
Nutritional Therapy is a great value added for health-industry small business owners, such as naturopathic physicians, chiropractors, acupuncturists and massage therapists. If you would like to learn about a variety of nutritional topics – including the foundations of digestion, blood sugar, mineral and fatty acid balance, hydration, how weaknesses in these foundations lead to degenerative health problems, and how restoring balance improves overall health – these classes are for you!
This class is in four modules – Price is PER module – Complete course is 4 modules $3600 or $900 per module.