Get the Clinical Skills You Need
The Advanced Professional Herbalist & Nutritional Skills Course offers you a chance to gain experience working with real clients under the direct supervision of experienced herbal and nutritional therapy practitioners. The faculty of K.P. Khalsa’s International Integrative Educational Institute brings together highly trained professional herbalists, naturopathic physicians and TCM practitioners so that you obtain your clinical/internship hours from instructors with real-world clinical experience.
In the program you will:
- Participate in the on-going treatment of real clients with real cases.
- Manage clients over the course of their recovery, from their initial intake session through their follow up sessions.
- Learn how to take your herbal or nutritional skills to the next level, even if your focus is not opening your own clinic.
- Learn about the ins-and-outs of working in a clinical practice; including charting, interviewing, orienting your client to treatment, and follow-up and fine-tuning their regimen.
Work Towards Your Professional Certification
- Designed to provide clinical hours for you to apply toward the American Herbalist Guild clinical requirements for the AHG credential, Registered Herbalist (RH). (This course is oriented toward clinical skills, and does not supply basic academic study hours, which are also required for the AHG credential.)
- Earn clinical/internship hours that can be applied towards the required hours for the NANP Board Examination. This program is NANP Approved.
Improve Your Diagnostic Skills with Modules on:
- Physical Assessment Skills
- Laboratory Assessment Skills
- Differential Diagnosis
- Diagnostic Skills
Gain Confidence With Your Client Intake – Sections Will Include:
- Interview and Case Taking Skills
- History Assessment
- Advanced Case Protocol Design
- Individualized Dosing Strategies
Learn the Ins & Outs of Marketing and Practice Management – Areas Covered Are:
- Marketing and Promotion
- Informed Consent and Disclosure/Confidentiality
- Patient and Office Procedure Management
- Record Keeping for the Clinical Herbalist
Develop Your Counseling Skills and Professional Standards with Modules on:
- Personal Development and Professionalism
- Lifestyle and Wellness Counseling
- Nutritional and Dietary Counseling
- Medical Terminology
Location: You can take the course online from anywhere in the world!
Dates: Class starts September 21st. The online program will take place one weekend a month for six months.
Sept 21 & 22, Oct 26 & 27, Nov 30 & Dec 1, Dec 21 & 22, Jan 18 & 19, Feb 15 & 16
Times: Classes are held Saturday & Sunday from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Suggested Pre-requisites: We suggest that you complete at least one year of academic training or rigorous self-study before registering for this course. Prior study should be herbal or nutritional in nature.
Computer Requirements: Since this is an online course, you will need an internet connection and a computer webcam and mic.
Tuition: $1750 (Payment plan available, email [email protected])
I had taken a couple classes from KP at conferences and was impressed with his teaching style and experience. Admittedly, I was a little hesitant to take the class because I live far from Seattle (it was a 10 hour round trip drive) but after only one day in the class with KP I knew I had made the right decision.
It’s easy to go to an herbal school these days where it is often taught, for example, that burdock is good for acne. But if someone is wanting to go into clinical practice, the herb or formula is only a small piece of the entire puzzle. Patient compliance, constitution, ethics, dosages, duration, contra-indications, expectations, patient-client relationship, maintaining an herbal apothecary, etc is really the heart of clinical herbalism. All of these topics and more are thoroughly covered in this course. Every day of that class I left with my head buzzing with critical clinical information.
KP is one of the most experienced herbalists of our time and learning from his lifetime of knowledge is a rare treat. Classes are well organized, contain an excellent balance of lecture vs. discussion and there is a plethora of valuable class handouts that I continue to reference two years later. I was continually impressed that while KP offered a lot of excellent information he also asked provocative questions that drew out critical thinking and advanced discussions. I recommend this course to anyone wishing to be a practicing herbalist.”
— Rosalee de la Forȇt, Methow Valley Herbs